Thursday, October 18, 2007

{ Talking up a Storm! }

The following are some little vingettes taken from the day to day life of a happy 20 month old. Mine, to be exact. As well as a list I have been keeping of the cute things she says and how she says them. This is my favorite age so far.


Sometimes she calls me " Mommy-Chelle"
ocean ( osh-oon )
jacket
home
yes, yeah & yep
puzzle
pumpkin
ready
thirsty
eat!"
"come !"
She'll say, " No, mommy, no! "
And after we've dealt with her on it , in a pitiful little voice, " sorry, Mommy, sorry "
high five- " high tive"
"see _____" she's always wanting us look at something
" dancing, dancing "
band-aid, owie, bonk-o ( for bonk)
play - "pay!"
a flower is a - " flowery "
"running, running"
kick
" lets read this "
heart
apron
crocs
bottom - " bummey "
purse
love you- luuuvv-oooo
" daddy's truck "
balloon "boon"
knock-knock
jammies
beautiful is"boo-ti-full"
pants
dress
she knows the names of all her body parts
music is " moo-sic"

She calls herself " baby." I love that, oh I love that!

When she sees a baby smaller than herself she squeals with delight and proudly explains to me: " baby! tiny."

Because she can't make the s sound in Nelson (beloved boy cousin of hers) , insert a sound like you are blowing your nose here between the Nel and on ( her daddy gets the biggest kick out of this) Also, she knows the names of all her grandparents, auntie's, uncles and cousins. And that is quite the acommplishment since there are over 30!


Her favorite snack: " pretzie's " (pretzels)
Her favorite book: ' I love you Through and Through '
Her favorite word as of today: " Hoooray! "
Her favorite article of clothing: Red Crocs, I can hardly get her to wear anything else but she'll sleep in her crocs
Her favorite toy: her purse and dollies
Her favorite thing to do: play outside, and dance


I tell her something ONE TIME and she'll remember it days later. For example, pulling up a chair next to the sink and having her "help" me do the dishes, which she's crazy about. One day last week I put her little apron on her and after that promptly forgot it existed. But today when I asked her if she wanted to help me wash the dishes, she ran over to where the aprons are hanging and pulled on hers until I realized she wasn't going to "help" me wash dishes without it.

She has taken it upon herself to make sure the cat behaves. Poor George. He's the official bottom of the family pecking order. He's constantly being told "down tat!" ( she can't say her C's ), " no tat!, " "out tat!"


While we were on holiday at the "osh-oon" she also learned how to say the two big C. Which of course come out sounding like "tandy" and "tookie."

The other night in the car, as we were coming home from a weekend with our best friends in Colville WA, and listening to my new favorite CD, we hear this sweet little voice floating from her carseat in the back, and with her own little angle voice she started to try and sing, for the first time. " Halleluiah...halleluiah, halleluiah..."( or her baby version of it) and as soon as the song would end she we'd here this quiet little" again?" One if the top ten most frequently used words in her growing vocabulary. So we listened, Again and Again. And she sang along. For almost and hour.

While my parents were here we showed them the DVD of the slide show from David's Dad's memorial service. Of course David and I can't watch it without getting teared up. When Annabelle noticed her Daddy's tears, she reached up for him and with the most concerned little look said, " Sorry Daddy, Sorry."



Wednesday night at dinner she suprised us by saying: " broccoli." What suprised us even more than that is that she just loves eating it.


On the way home from our date at Coldstone where I enjoyed on of these decedant treats absolutely Free for my birthday , David was goofing off in the car, just being a total ham. She looks at him with this major twinkle in her eye and says: " Daddy...funny!"

She goes around the house, on the tippiest of toes chanting this line,
over and over: " happy, happy, happy, happy! "


Yesterday she learned the motions to the song, " If your happy and you know it..." and by far her favorite part is shouting "hoooooray!"

She does not allow the wearing of jackets without the "hat" (hood).

When she sits down to "read" a book you hear: " ABC...ABC's..."



And so she continues to steal our hearts. A bit more every single day.


Oh the delight and wonder of discovery! I wouldn't trade these days for anything, the wide world over.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh Chelle-
popped in here this morning before I headed out.
So sweet, so very sweet.
My heart seriously soared as I read this and I feel like I "know" Anabelle a little more. My how she has grown since we first started blogging togethor. She was close to Ry's age I believe.
But now there is this seriously adorable little lady, who is becoming a mirror or her mom's sweetness. Isn't God so gracious to us.
She will adore this note to her later...
I promise!

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Little Niece...

You are like a sparkle twinkle star that is shining more all the time with each little thing you learn & discover. I have never posted on here but I think that it's time I start, since my life allows for moments like these. I have so much fun when I can get you to smile & sing the "MOON" song with me...and then there's that scowl that your face gets on it sometimes & I have to massage your brow so that it goes away. I love to dance with you & groove to the "moosic"--I love that zest in you. Keep being your happy self & remember that your Auntie Roo loves you(so does your Uncle Boo) & my, are we ever glad we're related to such a fine & funny young lady!

Connie said...

This post just makes me miss that sweet little girl so badly! Having just spent some precious time with her makes it even harder to hear of the daily delights we are missing. This Nana sorely needs her in my life ....she is like a breath of fresh air! I couldn't realize how wonderful being a grandparent was, until now.... having less of the busy life and responsibilities of a parent, and lots more time just to spend being together. I look forward to many more happy hours with Annabelle! Tell her I have some dishes waiting in my sink for her. :-)

Andi Mae said...

So sweet! It sounds like Anabelle and Audrey share many of the same favorite things- babies, purses, "hurray!" to name a few...

And you were in Colville last weekend!? So was I! Erik's parents have property on the Kettle River that we were visiting all day Saturday...Crazy...The next time you are in the area, we should try to meet up!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there!
I'm so glad to have found you again!
What sweet pictures, thanks for sharing!
God bless :)

Anonymous said...

I am a blessed man....I don't ever notice just one girl, I see three. I look at our little precious girl and though she is unique, she reflects the beauty of her mom and nanna. I love her until it hurts and I reflect on her mom and her mom's mom, it is a natural tendency to miss that....but don't, it makes our little girl so valuable because of where she came from. It should be no surprise to any of us why she makes us happy.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Cute, cute pics! I cherish those wonderful days with my own kids. And it's fun to be reminded of those everyday miracles as seen and shared through the eyes of children.
Blessings~
Cathy
Thanks for stopping by my blog!