Monday, December 03, 2007

Best of all, is being together...

We had a weekend not unlike a winter fairytale.
Friday night David and I kicked it off in styel with a date that included lots of smooching and hand holding , as we enjoyed the undivided attention we were able to give each other. We even squeezed in a little Christmas shopping and then on our way home, stopped to pick out a Christmas Tree to surprise the sweet girly-kins with. The entire evening left me refreshed, and romanced. And I must have had stars in my eyes that evening because I could feel them. The minute I opened the door, Annabelle Lucy slipped down from Aunt Lynne's lap, face beaming and seriously raced, squealing across the room, and into my arms. Let me tell you, my heart skipped a beat. Who wouldn't love to come home to that? To her. And David gets to do it 5 days a week. No wonder it's his favorite time of the day. :)

Saturday morning we woke up to find snow falling outside our window, it felt like a gift, sent especially to us in honor of it very first day of December. So David and Annabelle played in the fluffy falling flakes and stacked fire wood , while I watched out the window and grinned at them, busy at the kitchen table, with my " Project Christmas Money, " going great guns. The snow stopped eventually but the fun didn't as we brought in the Christmas tree, poured big mugs of egg nog and strung and hung to our, well maybe more like my, hearts content. Annabelle was full of delight over the whole process. "Yites" and "balls" and "snowmens" and most importantly of course,"tandy-tanes." My tree is missing three of it's Candy Canes this year so far, thanks to Anniebelles and her sweet tooth of a Daddy. Oh well, I suppose maybe I can overlook it, just this once.


I am predicting that the best thing about Christmas this year going to be continuing to watch our little girl discover and delight in life.

Such wonder.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me cry! It is such a wonder! Wait until they want to lay down on blankets under the tree the first night it's up and fall asleep all cuddled together under the twinkly lights...it's magic we are made for! So precious.

I adore you!

Misha

Lauren Kate said...

Very sweet- sounds Christmas card perfect!

Lauren Kate said...

P.S. Love the Sarah music! She is one of my all-time favorites. I need to find the name of my favorite Christmas jingle of hers. Good Choice!

Leslie said...

oh Chelle is anabelle ever the sweet girl.
and the date sounds devine.. so glad you and David got that time togethor and snow .. and and and and...

life is sweet huh?

Connie said...

I am so excited to be able to share in some of the delight of the season with our little girl. We are saving the tree decorating until she gets here. :-)

have a lovely said...

move than lovely...just perfect! There will be no Christmas before like the one to be...all through your baby girl's eyes!! Enjoy every moment of the season!