Tuesday, December 11, 2007

it's the sweetest thing I know....

At dinner tonight, with John Denver singing softly in the background " Hey it's good to be Back Home Again" David just couldn't resist turning up the volume, and saying with feeling, " I love this song!" And he grandly sang along, big smile on his face, while I sat there thinking to myself, " I love him!" Then the next song came on, ' Thank God I'm a Country Boy, ' and my normally anything but dramatic husband swooped our little girl right out of her high chair and proceeded to hoot and holler uproariously while spinning her in circles around the kitchen, ending with a great big " whoop" on his part and a giggle meltdown on hers. As our laughter dies down, these words fill the room. And our hearts.

It’s the sweetest thing I know of, just spending time with you
It’s the little things that make a house a home
Like a fire softly burnin’ supper on the stove
The light in your eyes that makes me warm

4 comments:

Leslie said...

that is sweet.
hope you guys are having a swell day.

L

have a lovely said...

truly precious! don't you just love these wonderful and blessed moments of life...and He smiled with happiness on your precious little family!

Little Candle said...

Life is indeed sweet and those moments make all worthwhile.

Sarah :)

Leslie said...

Photoshop although a huge undertaking is feasible to be self taught. I did it slowly and know that I still don't know half of that crazy program. But fun... need to look for disk and do that banner, not forgetting, hope your day is going well.