Thursday, February 21, 2008

Anyone's Guess

We have been talking about it for a long time.

Shopping around. A little anyway.

So what if our current one was dingy and falling apart. Which happens to be a rather gracious description.

The other day on his way home from work, David spotted a sign in a window that might mean a good deal was to be had.

So we met after he got off work to check it out. In a matter of literally ten minutes we bought the very first one we saw upon walking in the door, and had it loaded it in the back of our truck to take home.


Annabelle had fallen asleep in Daddy's arms and slept the entire time we were making our purchase.


After she woke up and looked around questioningly, I gave her a little squeeze and blurted out, much the the amusment of the sales lady standing there," hi sweets, bet you didn't think you were going to get one of these for your Happy Birthday."

I was in shock all the way home, and finally admitted I was feeling pangs of buyers remorse.

David assured me he wasn't. Then I felt better.

Are you curious yet?

Okay then...

suppose I'll introduce...

as of 02.12.08

The first major...

...furniture purchase of our lives.

Today on his way home from work, David is stopping to pick up a antique rocking chair I found on Craigs List.

Somebody stop me.



Now, I am just trying to figure out what do for pillows? Any suggestions ladys ?

12 comments:

Connie said...

Wow...very nice! How about some pillows from vintage barkcloth? You could look on Ebay.

Lisa said...

I love it!!!! It is simple so you can add any color you like - red maybe. And I like going with your gut and buying on instict, looking around too much only makes things complicated!!! I can't wait to see the rocker and what kind of pillows you choose...
Great find - keep us posted...

Leslie said...

ohhh I like it a lot, was it a chain store or a local one.. we are in desperate need of a new sofa.... loving it Chelle... we've been looking but I can't commit...

really really lovely and I agree you could go so many directions with pillows.... :) always love glimpses of your home.

Leslie said...

Can't believe its your first furniture purchase.. so fun!

Chelle said...

Lisa, I was thinking of red for the pillows too.

Here is a link to the couch, incase anyone was interested.

http://www.flexsteel.com/home/products/SpecPage.do?prodSkuId=5946-30

SuzyQ said...

red. for the pillows. totally my first thought. with some kind of whimsical print or embroidery: funny birds or mushrooms or something...

yes. i totally stole your word. but it was exactly what i meant. so there. :P

Little Candle said...

Lovely couch! It feels very 1940s or 1950's to me for some reason. And belfore I even read the comments of others I thought to myself, "Red, red cushions would be perfect." I think the rug has a lot to do with it. Red cushions would kind of tie it all together. Please post a picture of the rocker when you can.

Sarah :)

Lisa said...

Getting new furniture is so fun! Hope you like the way the rocker fits in the room...

Anonymous said...

Ohh...how exciting! I really like the color and I agree that red would certainly be a fitting choice for the pillows. Make sure to post pics of the rocking chair!! I am sure that it is stunning:)

have a lovely said...

How exciting!!! great choice! it looks great! {I love your rug too!} When my mom doesn't make my pillows...I find great ones at Marshells...TJ Maxx would be a good place to look too, but I find most at M over TJM.

Amanda said...

love the couch! and the pics of sweet annabelles birthday! especially LOVE her curls...absolutely love them!

Lauren Kate said...

I agree with Lisa with the color red and I also agree with Ashley about finding good pillows at TJ Maxx and Marshalls!