Sunday, March 23, 2008


We did have a lovely Easter. The day was even more low key than I had first thought. As it turned out we didn't even make it to church on a account of David and Annabelle having come down with a rip-roaring cold and just not feeling up to going much of anywhere. So we cuddled most of the day, read the story of Jesus resurrection in all four gospels which was really nice, ate this really yummy carrot cake, and played lots of ring-around-the-rosy. It mostly poured all day long, so we ended up picnicking on our living room floor, which was super fun anyway. And in between the rain drops we did get a chance to fly the kite and run around the yard in our rain boots.
We did our little egg hunt the night before. It was so much fun to watch Annabelle tromp around the yard in a state of absolute glee. David would probably tell you it was a toss up on who was more excited...Annabelle, squealing every time she spotted the next one or me looking on happily as she hunted down those 5 eggs.
Once the sugar high had subsided, and after we had whisked her off to bed, I stayed up till midnight to play. Okay, so besides being fun, dyeing eggs is harder and messier than it looks.
It was just the perfect, cozy, together sort of day to remember the greatness of Jesus love for us.
Hope yours was equally wonderful.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

delightfull Chelle.. and yeah the messiness.

Wow what a little lady Anabelle looks like, I can't believe how big she is getting. And I do hope her and her daddy are feeling heaps better.

So glad your Easter was a happy happy one.

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect ;)
Your eggs are beautiful!

Lisa said...

I haven't colored eggs in so long, but the one thing I remember about them is the messiness! They did turn out pretty though and it makes things so festive.
I hope everyone is back to feeling well and I am glad you got to enjoy the holiday even with the sickness...

Aminta said...

Oh Chelle! Sounds beautiful, colds and all.
I wish you could see Beau right now.... he has on a onesie that is NOT snapped, a camo shirt that says "I make dirt look good", and a pair of "duck boots" that were Nelsons. To top it off he is playing a drum he made of a tin coffee can and a metal play gun....giggling all the while.
Oh that remindes me, doesn't coffee sound yummy right about now? When you are about to have acup next, call me and I will make some and have a cup "with" you only 400 miles away.
I love you sweet sister of mine!

Amanda said...

looks like a wonderful day in...sorry to hear the sickies struck...they are just finally leaving our house after a two week (ugh!) visit. we definitely had some fun with our own egg hunt and coloring fest!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Sounds like the perfect Easter to me!

Lisa said...

Just had to tell you.....
.... I LOVE the picture of Annabelle's excitment over her egg hunt! Is that the sweetest picture ever, or what?!?!

Andi Mae said...

Hello dear friend...Sorry I have been kind of absent in the blogging world lately-things have been kind of crazy around here lately...

Aside from David and Anabelle being under the weather, it sounds like your Easter weekend was truly lovely! I never got the chance to attend the Good Friday service at Mars Hill, but judging from other services there that I did go to, I can imagine that it was a great service!

P.S. We got snow too! I loved it this winter, but it is kind of annoying now when I am so hopeful for spring soon :)