Thursday, June 19, 2008

A bouquet for Rachel.


( picked especially for you )


Rachel is one of my dearest friends, she's also David's oldest sister. She's a truly amazing lady. The sweetest mama to two very darling little girls. Kate, who is Annabelle's age and ever so full of love for life, and sweet little Maggie, just a few weeks old. Rachel is a devoted wife. She is a most dear and caring sister, daughter and friend. She is truly one of the most beautiful, and selfless people I know in the world. I look up to her and love her dearly. Rachel is also a lover of flowers. This post was made especially with her in mind. The goal, to cheer up her day, if even just a little. And ladies if you think of it, please pray for her.

She could really use some sleep.




( I have lupines and Iceland poppies and poppies and foxglove and purple irises all blooming right now. )



( and my English roses are just starting to open )



( I love this combination of sweet william and lady's mantle )

( full view of the flower boarder )



13 comments:

On Second Street said...

your flowers are beautiful! great job!

SuzyQ said...

ENGLISH ROSES!!!
*squee!*
...they're my favorite. can you tell?

Fairlightday said...

I know that feeling. I hope she is feeling better and getting at least a few hours of uninterrupted sleep soon. And your flowers, as always, look amazing.

Lisa said...

Your yard is exactly what I espire mine to be - someday! Beautiful!!!

May your sister in-law get lots and los of rest and enjoy the flowers....

Aminta said...

Girly, you have MISSED blogging! Look at you, every day for the last four or five days. :)
I am calling Ra to see if she needs dinner and maybe if I could take Kate for a play date for her to get some MUCH NEEDED SLEEP!
Loves to you and thank you for the post, it means alot to me too!
Minta

have a lovely said...

gorgeous! Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous yard, gorgeous words, gorgeous friend, and a gorgeous heart!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Beautiful flowers! And I'm sure it put a smile on your sister in law's face! So sweet.

Anonymous said...

oh my word...gorgeous flowers.

so. come to my house and do OUR flower beds ;) ...where is it that you guys live anyway? everything is so gorgeous and GREEN!! - Washington...right?

Leslie said...

sweet post, and most lovely flowers.... seriously you have one green thumb my friend!

Little Candle said...

Your yard is lovely! I only hope to have mine looking half as good someday. I hope Rachel has been able to get some sleep.

Hugs,
Sarah :)

Anonymous said...

I always love pictures of your yard. Such an inspiration:) I hope your sister-in-law is getting some good sleep and she enjoyed her "flowers."

Anonymous said...

Sweet Chelle-- This is one of the nicest gifts I've ever been given! I love you dearly. . . and I AM getting a bit more sleep. But God sure knew what He was doing when He made babies so sweet and soft and yummy-smelling. It makes midnight cuddling that much easier! Thanks to all your friends (and my dear sis-in-laws!) for your thoughts and prayers. Lovingly, Ra

Anonymous said...

Wow… beautiful bouquet. All those flowers are elegant and adorable.