Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Terrifically Two



ter·rif·ic
1. extraordinarily great or intense: terrific speed.
2. extremely good; wonderful: a terrific vacation.
3. causing terror; terrifying.





She is funny. She is endearing. She is fearless, she is at times incredibly stubborn.


Some of our favorite things she is saying right now:

Uff-dah!

Muddle Puddle ( Mud Puddle )

" This is fun Mom! "

" I want you, Mommy/Dad. "

" I need Mommy/Daddy. "

" Please, snuggle me. "

" Please pick you a flower."

"Hey, Chelle, look at this."


She escapes from her crib in absolute silence and hides where I cannot find her.

She gives worlds best kisses. Grabs you with both hands with a smack right on the lips that lasts for a good 10 seconds. Her uncles are all saying that they hope their future wives kiss like her someday. I don't know, that's a lot to live up to.

She adores her Daddy. The feeling is extremely mutual. When she fell down and scraped both knees after church on Sunday and they were both bleeding and she was crying, even after we kissed them repeatedly " but I need a band aid " she wailed as we put her in car. You should have seen her Daddy. He kept telling her " Your fine. Your tough. See, they're all better now," as he pulled into the nearest drug store for you know what's.


Her favorite thing to do right now, is carry around water balloons. Even though she cries every time they break.

We are having conversations about everything. She is expressing herself so well. It's amazing. She's like a miniature adult. All day long she has been playing with her " babies... " She pretends everything now. She'll say to me. " My babies are going night-night. Close your eyes babies. Have nice dreams babies. " I ask her how her babies are doing. " They have tummy aches. I need to make a bottle of warm milk for them." A little late she tells me. " I kissed them. Now my babies are all better, Mommy!"

If we ask her "are you a big girl?" she says, " no, my a baby."
If we ask her " are you a baby? " she says, " no my a big durl (girl)."

The sparkle in her eye seems to grow a little bit brighter every day.

Annabelle Lucy that I love, Mommy thinks that a grumpy day with you is better than two thousand non-grumpy days without you.


12 comments:

Aminta said...

To one of my FAVORITE girlie girls in the whole world (There being only THREE EVER! Faith, Anniebelles, and YOU!)! You have been so gracious, so busy, so loving and so sweet. I have NO idea how you keep a smile and a smiling attitude ontop of that when life goes a million miles an hour. For me, my face gets that goofy WIDE mouthed-Toothy look, but not you!
I am so blessed to have you in my life, and I am not the only one to think that, I can think of about 32 others that feel the exact same way, and that is in a split second. I am positive that there are more then a hundred people that you bless on a continuing day-to-day bases.
I guess in a very long way, THANK YOU dearest sister!
LOVES!

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is one of my favorites =) You're a delightful writer and His love just shines through you!

Fairlightday said...

So sweet for Annabelle. We love her so. And we love you too dear one. I think you are the best mommy ever! You are an encouragment on my not so good days and you lift me even higher on my better days. Blessings, and love, and hugs, and kisses, and all the good stuff of life to you my friend.

Leslie said...

adore this post, I feel like I really get a sense of who Anabelle is, this will be a treasure when she is older.

lovely post Michelle as always.... and hello there sweet baby/big girl Anabelle.... bandaids make me feel better too!

Little Candle said...

So nice to "see" you! Annabelle just gets better everyday!

Hugs!

Sarah :)

SuzyQ said...

aw, man... i've missed so much with her. but i can guarantee you're going to love this age! 2-3 was my favorite so far! they change so fast, it's almost moment-by-moment. and the sense of wonder they share with you is amazing. best wishes for a wonderful new year with your girlie!

Amanda said...

oh chelle...how wonderfully you put it at the end of the post...i would rather have an endless eternity of grumpy days with my girls and hubs than one non-grumpy day without them. isn't God absolutely fabulous and gracious in giving us these tremendous gifts...let us not get caught in taking them for granted!

Little Candle said...

Chelle,
Thank you for the book recommendation! As it happens, the Little Man and I are headed to the library tomorrow in search of stacks of books. I am going to see if they might have it.

Hugs to you!

Sarah :)

Lisa said...

It's posts like this that make us all adore you , sweet girl! You have such a lovely spirit and your outlook on things is amazing...

She is one fantastic girl, huh?!?!? I guess she learned that from her mommy....

Connie said...

I think she is terrific too, and I miss her TERROR-ably!!
~Nanna

Anonymous said...

Yes, somehow it all just happens....and your little girl will be far away from you, raising her own family. Oh it is thinking of being without her that can break our hearts, I know, her poppy misses her often and smiles at her pics on my desk. She is a character, God has given David and you a gift, value it and take care of your little girl.

Anonymous said...

As usual I am so blown away.

She is the sweetest.

Hugs to you... I miss coming here. I will have to make an extra effort!
G