Thursday, July 31, 2008

{ the missing button }

Usually she goes down for her nap (even if some days that means an hour or so of playing/singing/talking to me/pretending/ in her crib ) easily. No fighting for her nap, like we used to do. But then there was today. She was literally and I mean literally bouncing off the walls, climbed out of her crib at least half a dozen times. Dropping every last stuffed animal and blanket out of her crib and then hollering for me to give them all back, repeatedly. (which is no small feat, since she has more stuffed animals than we have fingers and toes to count them on ) I must have heard the ABC's and other various songs a good twenty times. Not to mention the 3 bottle refills 2 trips to the bathroom and 2 new diapers. And for two whole hours she was most happy to do anything but lay down in her crib and take a nap. So eventually of course I gave up and when I had gone in the for goodness knows the how many-eth time, before I her down to run and play I looked her in the eye and asked most bewilderingly, " why won't you go to sleep?" Oh and she had the answer, boy did she ever, quick as a whistle she explained to me. " Mommy, you need to turn Annabelle off." Brilliant idea. Cannot believe I hadn't thought of that before. So now we are on to something right, except that she won't tell me where the off-button is.

I have already decided though, tomorrow she is not going to be allowed to sleep past 9 am. Humph! I am going to wake her up bright and early and see if that doesn't help me find her off button. But hey, after today...what do I know anyway?

8 comments:

Fairlightday said...

lol. She's too smart for her own good. Very cute though. I wish they really did have "off" buttons.
I'm sorry you had such a rough day, and I hope today is much much better.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love when they start talking and showing you who really has the brains ;)

Dawna said...

I'm so glad I get to borrow Miss Annabelle Lucy as my make-believe niece, because she is so very, very clever. I love her imagination and the way she puts things together in an extraordinary manner. She is so wonderfully bright and I suspect she gets that from her Momma. Thanks for your comment on my blog, even though you made me cry. Your prayers are very much appreciated; I'll try to share enough details to give you something specific to pray about later. Right now my mind is still swirling and I'm feeling a bit wrung out. Please know that your compassion means the world to me right now and I'm feeling pretty blessed to have you in my life.

Lisa said...

Gosh, I wish I had an off button too!!!
She is adorable, and smart....

Hoping today you find that secret button....

Lisa said...

as a side note - I never knew you were homeschooled, how cool!!!

Can I ask, do you plan to homeschool your family - I have often dreamed of doing so

Little Candle said...

I love this post.
Such a brilliant girl you have!
I hope today's nap is a reality...

Hugs,

Sarah :)
Oh, and thank you for the book recommendations...they have be written in my "books to be checked out" list.

Leslie said...

heheehehe...
oh she is a bright one! Check behind the knees, if it doesn't work, it will get her giggling something fierce...

Lisa said...

what a darling, ferocious little one you have. is she free to do some training on parenting? i could use an expert side kick!