Friday, July 25, 2008

{ Where did she go? }

In case you might even be the slightest bit curious about what's been keeping me from my blog this last week...besides the usual weekend trips to ID ( we just got home from our eighth this summer and have logged over 3000 miles in the last 3 weeks on our car ), random hikes ( we've been on two so far this week ) super fun, the quilts ( one top finished, and I am hoping to get another one completed tomorrow ) also fun, spinning with Annabelle in our back yard ( she begs all day long, " Mommy come spin with me ") thinking about trying to tackle all the other untouched household tasks, and in all the rest of my spare time ( i.e. after everyone is in bed for the night )I have been Blurb-ing. Grannie Annie turns ninety next weekend and I have gotten our family together and complied and a little book for her. So every spare minute has been spent on this project. As of 2:36 am on Friday morning, I am happy to say, I am Done. It's called 90 Reasons We Love You ( And Then Some, is the subtitle because there are really 127 ), and think I am going to be really happy with it, especially knowing how tickled she's going to be when she opens it. A lot of funny and special memories in those 26 pages. A lot of memories and a lot of love. One more thing, I am so blurry-eyed I have no idea if what I have just typed made any sense. Even if it does good, if not I know you won't love me any less for it. That or I can always come back tommorow, I mean later on today and erase it if it's that bad.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

8 trips and 3,000 miles - my goodness, you must be tired!!! Oh, but the fun those road trips bring....
The book sounds adorable - do share more, will you...

And get some rest, sweet girl! The post was lovely, as usual, even if you were blury eyed!!!

Amanda said...

sounds as though life has been fabulously fun and busy! and oh how sweet that little book is...i agree with lisa...share more!

SuzyQ said...

blubing! i love it! you always find the best random stuff... and yes, please, share more of the book!

also, give grannie annie a hug from me. i love that spunky old lady!

Leslie said...

I love blurbing... I can't wait to get the book I have been working on.

OK that photo is amazing, is that her?

I really really am certain that she will ADORE that book!! Really trully, what a special gift...

your always so busy, you make me tired.

Anonymous said...

wow. (about it all)

the cover is amazing. would love to see it all.

i am about to leave my family for a week to fly out of state. fun and anxiety producing. my parents 50th anniversary. i pray to photograph their current lives in the manner i imagine.

*hugs*

Aminta said...

Not bad Darling SISTER! Not bad in the least. Your blury eyed vision of writing is better then my oh-so-clear eyed writing.
Miss you more then you know!
Funny how when I see you more,
I miss you more.......
MUAH!

Dawna said...

What fun! You must be exhausted, but you sound happy and content. Your granny is going to love, love, love her gift and I hope you share more of it with us. I admire your creativity.
Good to have you back. We've missed you (seems I need my daily fix of Annabelle Lucy pictures). Try to get some rest, but don't stay away too long. :-)