Wednesday, September 03, 2008

This week I am:






Glad for our long weekend in ID. for the time spent with our wonderful family and especially for the play time David was able to squeeze in. Normally it's all work and no fun for him, so he can get a lot of things, you know big-guy stuff accomplished while we are at his moms small ranch.

Thankful for the time I spent with my parents and secretly eavesdropping on the happy sounds of my Dad and Annabelle playing house together...

Remembering the sweetness of Annabelle in my mom's garden, which is a glorious profusion of color right now, as she has hundreds of zinnias in bloom, in every imaginable color and size, girlykins was like a little butterfly flitting from one plant to the next, picking cherry tomatoes and sweet baby bell peppers and sharing her spoils with everyone, first she would test taste each one by taking a little bite herself, and then pass them out.

Grinning every time Annabelle says hosi-pi-tal instead of hospital which for some reason she manages to use at least twice a day.

Looking forward to our upcoming weekend at the coast...we are renting in this beautiful house along with a whole bunch of David's family.

In the middle of projects galore. And keeping secrets. Really fun ones too.

Playing hide-and-go-seek with Anniebelle

Picking bowl after bowl of blackberries

Hearing her to refer to David almost always as " my Daddy " and let me tell you, it melts me.

Listening to this over and over


So very bummed that there are no pictures to share this weekend in ID. as there was a small tragedy and our camera has been accidentally ruined...it's a long story involving a leak-y paper coke cup ( one from the Costco Food court to be exact ) did you know that those things if they sit to long leak out the bottom? Now I do. And it very much appears to be not fixable as I was told that water damage is not covered under the warranty.


Thrilled about my new haircut. Thanks Min...and even though I have been known to say this before but I think you are amazing. I'd take a picture, if I could.

Thankful for David's discovery of Hagen Daz, Coconut Pineapple ice cream. ohhh, it's by far my new favorite treat ever.

Watching Annabelle "do gymnastics." It's a cute and hilarious site. Note to self: must take a video of this soon.

Praying so much for several really good friends

Longing to celebrate the little joys that come along with my simple, everyday life, to revel in the beauty and blessing that it is to be a wife and a mother, to be thankful that I have a little nest to fluff and a little chick to nurture and love and a man who works so hard for us and comes home, filthy dirty from head to toe but with a great big smile on his handsome face.


Happy. Really, really happy.

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.

G.K. Chesterton

18 comments:

Jacy said...

Every time I read a little post about your lovely Annabelle I think about how much fun My Noah would have with her, picking cherry tomatoes and saying hosipital...she is darling Chelle and I love hearing about your days filled with love and blessings from Jesus himself...Your blessings of happiness always have a way of blessing me in return...so thank you for that dear friend and hope your trip to the coast in that adorable house with family is SO MUCH FUN and more
Lots of Love to you

Dawna said...

This is my new favorite post on your blog. Ever! Still sad over your camera, though. Much love to you, my happy little friend!

On Second Street said...

Lots of fun. can't wait to read more!

Andi Mae said...

Oh, where do I start? I just love your little list posts like this...

01. I am so glad that you had such a happy weekend with your family! And another weekend on the coast ahead? That sounds so lovely. And that house looks darling!

02. I am so so very sorry about your camera! You know how much I treasure cameras. Can it be fixed?

03. How is it possible that Annabelle just grows cuter and sweeter every single day?

04. I adore EastMountainSouth as well...

05. Love love love that Chesterton quote. Have I ever told you that he is one of Erik's favorite authors? Well, I like him quite a bit too, but Erik really really loves him.

Andi Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aminta said...

Not to mention a WONDERFUL hair cut! ;) lol
Hey.......tell ME about the camera, for I may have a small suprize for YOU!
I love you and thank you so much for all of the special time that you carved out of a very CRAZY week-end for me. You have no idea how special you made me feel. I love you dearly!
Yours always,
Minta

Donna said...

I am so glad to hear you had a nice time in ID. We are all gearing up for the big trip to ID. in a few weeks. Can't wait to go. I am really sad to hear you don't have your camera. Hope you have another wonderful week!

have a lovely said...

what a full week and a full heart! I love your insight into the beauty in everyday!!

{oh your poor camera...is this fixable???}

SuzyQ said...

coastal house rental! how long have my friends and i been talking about this...? forever! let me know how it was, so i'll have some actually advice for them next time it comes up...

Aminta said...

Silly! I never would have thought you didn't like it. You are pretty forthright and would tell me if you didn't like it, or so I think!
Are you READY for the NEXT week-end? Sheesh girl, if I could take some of your task's I would! I love you guys so!
XOXO!
Min

Amanda said...

oh so lovely...and how fun does it sound to have a family vaca at a coastal rental. hooray for hosipitals, surprises, blackberries picking, coconut pineapple ice cream (YUM!)...bummer for the camera though...and yet, even without pictures you capture the sunshine of your life SO well!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Chelle, can I just say this has to be a very favorite spot on the internet for me! :)
Sorry to hear about the camera. :( That would make me so so sad. But, as Amanda said, your words are like pictures for the rest of us. :)
Fun secrets! Sounds tantilizing.
Aren't family visits precious??

SuzyQ said...

i just plain old miss you too.

and your stop by my "place" was very timely, as it's been a rough day. thanks again, friend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with the family. Can't wait to hear about the weekend at the coast. The house looks absolutly divine. And I can't wait to see pics of the new hair cut when you have one. Thanks for sharing your lovely week with us

Little Candle said...

What a lovely list! Thank you so much for sharing your joys! It sounds like you are having a lovely time in Idaho! I grew up right on the Oregon/Idaho border. Idaho is very special to me.
Hugs!

Sarah :)

Catherine said...

YOU! are a dear thing, Chelle. I always feel, when reading your blogs, that I've been eavesdropping. Another perspecitve on 'the family' is sweet. Your list is inspiring in that you are cheerful in the midst of the lost camera even. I'm visiting your mother's garden with Rachel and the 'babes' today and am very excited about this day. Catherine

Lisa said...

so how was your weekend at the coast? amazingly perfect I am sure!

Fairlightday said...

Missing you! How did your lovely weekend go?