Monday, October 06, 2008

New Feature...

Since I figured out how to embed videos of the sermons from our church, here on my blog and since I got such a great response back from some of you, on the that last sermon I posted up. And since I am so challenged/convicted/encouraged every week by the sermon and have a hard time keeping them to my self anyway...I decided that I am going to go ahead and make a weekly post out of it. This is the first sermon in the current series we are going through on the book of the Song Of Solomon. It is such an excellent resource for married couples or any of you who have a desire to someday be married.
David and I have been wow-ed weekly by the ways we both see we can seek the Lord to change us, for the growth of our realtionship and I feel like we aready have and are going to continue to reap some major benifits after having listened to and prayfully applied the biblical principles set forth in this series on the Song of Solomon to our marriage. Also if you have a interest in this topic I would highly encourage you having your husband/boyfriend to listen along with you.


In the first sermon of the series, Pastor Mark Driscoll gives an introduction detailing the sexual sin that saturates our culture. Sex can be viewed as either a god, as gross, or a gift. The Bible teaches us that sex is a gift that is to be stewarded wisely.

12 comments:

Jacy said...

How exciting Chelle! After listening to the last sermon you posted I was hoping you would post more videos. Looking so forward to hearing this one and if I can just sneek Benji in here for a little bit this weekend :) Yay!
Love to you sweet friend and hope your week is full of many blessings

Lisa said...

Well. ;). I cannot watch videos down here in my basement apartment as the connection is quite fast enough. But thank you for sharing your passion and faith. And by the way, I was extremely touched by the shower you ladies threw for Ms. Leslie. I feel so lucky to know such a genuinely loving group of women, even if Ms. Leslie and I do not know each other. ;)

Lisa said...

and that would be corrected to read "NOT quite fast enough ..."

kt said...

Sounds so goo, can't wait to get home from work and have a listen :)
x

kt said...

*good not goo...woopsie!

Little Candle said...

Wonderful Chelle! I look forward to watching more.
I hope you and your sweet family are doing well.
So sorry to have been so scare as of late, but thanking you for checking in. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs!
Sarah :)

On Second Street said...

Thanks! I have only been able to watch part of it thus far, but what a great idea! I am also impressed you figured out how to embed video. I am not quite that good yet.

have a lovely said...

what a fabulous weekly treat! I will most certainly have to stop back by when I have a time to concentrate and not multi-tasking! :)

what a precious precious treat for leslie!!!! that has to be the nicest thing I have heard of in a very long time...what truly precious friends!

Fairlightday said...

Mike and I watched this one last night after you sent me the link. It is awesome! I can't wait to listen to the next one tonight. Love you and thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I finally just finished this video after watching it in about 6 parts over 3 days:) Please do share more! He is right, no one ever touches topics like these at any church I've attended. It is so wonderful to have it explained from God's point of view:)
I so appreciate you sharing sweet lady!

Catherine said...

I would love to listen to the sermon, and I'm nervous to tell you that I can't figure out how to listen. I see your pastor's mouth move, but your music plays instead of his words. Can you share with me how to do this correctly, please?

have a lovely said...

sweet chelle, thank you so much for the invite to play over at DB...I most certainly cordially accept and am so excited to meet all of your sweet spirited and creative friends!