Friday, November 21, 2008

So my house looks like a disaster area...

...but at least it's a pretty mess...as the dining room table and floor are covered in scrappy tidbits. I am in a hurry to finish up my projects before tomorrow's deadline...while Annabelle entertains both of us, by riding her "horse" otherwise known as the vacuum cleaner in a twirly skirt and cowboy hat, which she likes to wear sideways. Every few minutes she comes over to pick the threads off of my pants. We carry on these funny little conversations about nothing really. She asks me random questions like, " Mommy will you be my hugaroo? " If you are wondering what exactly a hugaroo is, take a look at this precious little book we are enjoying from the library this week. I say, " Yes, of course!" She replies to me " Okay. Thanks. "
Melt my heart, why don't you kid?

And I think to my self, life is so sweet. Everyday, ordinary life...big fat messy messes and all.
Speaking of which, I actually better get started on it now, if I hope to have the house back in to even the smallest semblance of order by the time David gets home. Because it's that bad.
So while I am working on that I will be thanking Jesus for all the little ways He sweetens each day...even the particularly not so easy ones.

7 comments:

Jacy said...

Awww here is a big HUGAROO for the both of you! How sweet is that darling Annabelle of yours! She is too precious Chelle and sounds like she is really growing up! I tell you, the things they say that melt your heart and her and Noah would have some of the best convos. together I believe, Noah probably would let her do most of the talking she sounds so cute!!!!
love you guys so dearly and hope your lovely messiness is clean just in time for your favorite guy :D

xo's to you from us!

Leslie said...

love crafty messes, inspired messes and hoping it got whisked away and is ever so clean as David comes home..

and how fun is hugaroo.. I must check that out ourselves next week at the library... we have a bunch of pumpkin books and rylan calls them apples.. hmmm :)

are you going to show what your making, cause Im ever so curious?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you and Andi are friends. I can tell from your writings that you are perfect for each other! :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Isn't life sweet with a Hugaroo for a 2 year old? Love it!

swell.life said...

oh, i am imagining myself crafting across the table from you right now...only i'm embarrassed to share my craftastrophes....i just finished cleaning up a 3 day whirlwind mess of crafting christmas cards and ornaments. phew! glitter and glue ground into my sofa. and i don't even have a 2yo to chase. even a sweet hugaroo 2 year old, i'm sure, makes crafting tricky. i must be the luckiest girl ever to be your christmas swap exchange!! i can't even wait.

Lisa said...

Seems to me like Miss Annabelle will be able to convince everybody, for the rest of her sweet days, to be her "hugaroo." What a precious young lady you're raising!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

How sweet is that? Hugaroo - :) Love it. I need to check that book out. :)
I too would love to see the crafting that made the mess... ;)