Thursday, December 11, 2008

{ Sugar-Plum-Fairy-Delight }





nnabelle and I are giddy with anticipation of our festive outing tonight. Or splurge, as I have been known to call it. After hearing about it for weeks from me, David very generously ( and might I add sacrificially as this is about as far from his cup of tea, as it gets ) said to me, " let's do it" and then of course I squealed and hugged him and said " really ?" and then happily ran to book tickets to see The Nutcracker .
And they aren't even the cheap seats. It's our last big downtown Seattle hurrah, now that our house is for sale and we are hoping to soon be moving closer to our family and away from this area.
We girls are gladly making the most of our last Christmas to be in the majority in this family, with our sugar-plum fairy notions and love of twirling! It's one of those girlhood dreams of mine, to watch The Nutcracker, live and in person! And since acquiring a little girl all my own, the wish has only grown stronger. And to hear her talk about it with such excitment, just makes my heart swell with happiness. Cutely enough, she usually calls it " The Firecracker."
So we are dressing up and going out to enjoy an magical, cultured evening downtown, together...

Expecting enchantment.



13 comments:

Lisa said...

it's Magical Chelle and I know you girls will enjoy every minute of it!!!
Great early Christmas Gift, David!

Jacy said...

Wow I am so thrilled for you girls! I bet it's going to be so wonderful to watch! You and Annabelle have a grand time :D Loves to you sweet girls and David too of course for giving in to the two of you :P

Dawna said...

I can't imagine a more wonderful thing for you to do together. Have a wonderful everything!

have a lovely said...

what a wonderful time I hope you all have...such a special time!!!

Anonymous said...

When I did this with Kezi I cried the whole time and couldn't take my eyes off her face. It was one of my most goosebumply moments as a mama! And wait until you take Jack to see Peter Pan and he gasps when Peter "flies!" I cried all over again!

I am crossing all fingers that you are squeeling and giggling and even tearing up with magical joy!

And house for sale??? Cheers from my scrubbed house to yours. :)

lots of love, Misha

SuzyQ said...

oooh...! what fun! and david is a doll for taking his girls. give him kudos for me.

and when you get closer to me, let me know!

Andi Mae said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait to take Audrey someday... What a lovely and special gift! Even better that it was a surprise- what a sweet husband! And I am praying and praying and praying that your house sells quickly!!!! :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh! I would love that! You must tell us all about it - and I would love to see pictures of you and Annabelle all dressed up. :) How wonderful! :)

Aunt Tea said...

was it fun?


thought you and your friends might like this item. the gal calls then gift tags, i think they would be fun ornaments too.

http://simplescrapbooks.typepad.com/simple_studio/2008/12/do-you-wrap.html

Fairlightday said...

I'm so happy that David agreed and that you guys got to go. Someday, we will do the same. Please show us pictures of you guys all dressed up in your Christmas finery! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Leslie said...

ohhh how wonderfull.
I can just picture her draw dropped little face...

so so fun.. ! And what Misha said about Jack and Peter too.... a delight for sure!

Aminta said...

OH CHELLE!
What a woonderful night you must have had! I want to call, but I am expecting someone to come and buy a blanket any minute now. And then we are all going caroling with the kiddos with their "Bible class group". SO not looking forward to that....tooooo cold!
Loves to you and I WILL be calling soon! LOVES!
Your Favorite Min (Not to mention, but mention....I am your favorite "min" because I am the only one you know! LOL)

Lisa said...

SO looking forward to seeing how your evening went and {hopefully} seeing pictures of your precious family all dolled up!