Friday, April 10, 2009

{ Good Friday }

Go on up to the mountain of mercy
To the crimson perpetual tide
Kneel down on the shore
Be thirsty no more
Go under and be purified

Follow Christ to the holy mountain
Sinner sorry and wrecked by the fall
Cleanse your heart and your soul
In the fountain that flowed
For you and for me and for all

At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful, scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night

On the hillside, you will be delivered
At the foot of the cross justified
And your spirit restored
By the river that poured
From our blessed Savior's side

( you can hear it here )

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I am 'washed in the blood'. Thank you for the lovely poem, the background music and the reminder of our Savior's gift! I pray for your mom's swift healing, Chelle.

have a lovely said...

love this song!!! its an overwhelmingly amazing feeling to know we have been delivered...what a mighty awesome God we serve!!

hope you don't mind me sharing it as well! ...i never noticed how perfect it was for this time of year!

SuzyQ said...

random weirdness: i put this exact song in a journal of mine years ago...!

Cottage Mommy said...

Thanks for the visit Chelle! I am doing pretty good...I still feel that there is a lot to do as far as cleaning and organizing go! My nesting is in full gear! Yes, I have three weeks from today and that still feels like a long time although I know it will go fast. How are you holding up? I'm excited to "meet" little Jack! Feels like it is coming closer with Jessica having baby Graham doesn't it? Well, enjoy the little bit of time you have left - so excited for you!

shabby girl said...

Chelle, I left you a Lemonade Award on my blog today because I am so impressed with your gratitude and attitude. You don't know me, but I want you to know I appreciate it.

Carolyne said...

That's a beautiful reminder. Thank you for posting it.