Monday, June 15, 2009

{ finding our rhythmn }

We are all settled in to the sweet little cottage. It's been a crazy full week with unpacking and setting up our life here, including evenings out, friends over, and the bridal shower of one of my dearest ever childhood friends that I got to decorate for and attend this weekend.
Go, go, go and rush, rush, rush, has been the rhythm of our life. But I am
looking forward to the rest of the summer, to a little slower pace of life as we are tucked away in our little one bedroom cottage without phone, internet, a debit card ( which I have handed in, as we have made the switch to a cash only budget this summer, in the hope that it helps with saving money) or even an oven to cook on. I am enjoying my little one burner hot plate and a toaster oven and I am going to attempt baking potatoes in it for dinner tonight. Starting yesterday I am being more intential about how I spend my days...incuding reading more, to Annabelle and in general. ( This book being our favorites of the week), taking longer walks, spending quiet moments alone with Jesus and my bible at the kitchen table in the mornings, devoting my days entirely to my children and to playing out in these sunny summer days. To spending our evenings just being together, taking long walks and have lengthy conversations, and cuddle sessions, and soaking up every single moment, so many of which are magical with our beautiful growing children. To seeing this particular chapter in our life as more than just a transition period or temporary, and not missing the sweetness each day holds...

12 comments:

Dawna said...

One of things that drew me to you in the first place, and something I have always admired, is your sweet attitude and ability to recognize the blessings all around you. Enjoy your summer, dear one. As much as I miss you on-line, I also recognize the sweetness of the simple life you are living this summer. Savor every second!

Amanda said...

oh how sweet this little post makes me feel...knowing you are cherishing each day...and honestly, somewhat wishing for the simple, quiet life of a one bedroom cottage without the distractions of life! :) loves to you!

~beautyandjoy~ said...

Love this with all my heart. My prayer has been that you will look back on this time as one of the sweetest ever...yet. :) I'm joining you in each thing you said! xo

Cottage Mommy said...

You have a beautiful perspective and your priorities are right in order...nice to hear you are doing well and settled in. I admire you...how you are living with two little ones. What a special time though and how cool of you to realize it and take advantage of it!

swell.life said...

oh so wonderful! i am so happy to hear that you're all settling in so well. it sounds like such a beautiful summer ahead of you. we all need to live by your example, chelle. so purposeful and full of simplicity. wish i could drop into your little kitchen and pay you a visit. take care!

Leslie said...

I love this post.
I love your family.

I miss you.
But am so happy for this season..

love you.

shabby girl said...

The first thing that came to mind was...God bless you! Truly, I think you have it down! The most important things in life!
Please don't lose that!
It may not be easy, this transition period, but if you live in love, and in Him, you'll be fine.

You know we are ALL lifting you up! Wanting, & asking for all good things for your sweet little family!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh Chelle - how this blessed me!! I tend to so often get in this mindset of "Once I get through this phase in life things will be better..." What a challenge to see each moment as a true and beautiful gift!

I loved how you so eloquently put it...."seeing this particular chapter in our life as more than just a transition period or temporary, and not missing the sweetness each day holds..."

Really loved this post!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

It sounds like one sweet life! I love how you are so content with it. Enjoying it and soaking in the bask of another day is such a wonderful way to live!

Jacy said...

You will never know just how true of a blessing you are to me, dear friend. I cherish our friendship and the little blessings I recieve every time I visit you over here, wishing it was a different circumstance, that we could chat and hug in person...I hope and pray for a summer full of wonderful-ness for you and your sweet little family of four :) Thank you for such a beautiful reminder in how we should all live out each and every day.
I love you Chelle!
Enjoy your sweet summer!

Jenny said...

how wonderful to cherish the little things in life.

Did Andi tell you that there are a couple of silly girls over here ready and anxious to meet you? :)

Chantel Monet said...

Welcome to the neighborhood! My sweet friend Aminta mentioned that you just moved to town. I hope you like it here! I left my wonderful family in order to buy a home here. It gets lonely sometimes, but its a beautiful place with wonderful people. Congratulations on your cute cottage!