Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I should be packing...

Instead of blogging. Especially while the kids are both fast asleep for the night.
But I ran out of boxes. And rubbermaids.
So here I sit, munching away on a dark chocolate bar that I just uncovered in the bottom of my dresser drawer and had stashed away weeks ago, compliments of my very own personal postpartum chocolate fairy -
You know who you are...And hopefully you know as well, how very much I adore you. For many, many reasons, in addition to the steady supply of chocolate of course.

To put it mildly, life is a wild and crazy topsy-turvy tangle of boxes and babies and lists and houses...such as the one we are leaving, in 5 days, the one we are moving into ( more on that in a minute ) and the one we bought on the other side of the mountains and are renovating...David and I are feeling excited and encouraged, a little bit exhausted and a whole lot loved and taken care of. We have had an incredible amount of support, prayer, and help and once again find ourselves overwhelmed by the faithfulness of God in meeting our needs. Two days ago, at this time, we had no idea where we would be moving after our house closed. We were starting to feel the pressure, as we have only 5 days left to be here. I was working on finding a short term rental for the next three months, while David finishes up work over here and while we work on getting our new house livable over there. Yesterday afternoon I probably called over thirty different apartment complexes, desperate to find something, anything...and I begin to notice this trend: if ( and it's a big IF )they offer a short term lease at all, the price is always higher ( a lot higher ), because it is so temporary. And then we got our hopes up when we thought this lady was going to rent us her teeny tiny cottage, but that fell through because she found someone who wanted to lease it for longer than we did. All of that yesterday, and getting no where...totally back to square one.
An hour and a miracle later, we are handed the sweetest, beyond our wildest imagination gift, the invitation to stay for the next couple months in the little place we lived in after we were married, which we've always called, the honeymoon cottage...a place and time in our lives that we hold the happiest memories of. David just happened to be driving by there after work, to see if maybe the cottage might just happen to be empty and if so, the owners just might happen to be open to letting us rent it for a couple months from them...they just happened to agree, and then happened to give us a killer good deal on rent, all of which just happened to be God's answer to our prayers. We couldn't stop grinning last night, and truly cannot tell you how thankful we are to know we will have a roof over our heads, after we leave here. Add to that the sweetness of getting to go back to our very first little love nest, that was and still is so dear to our hearts. I told David last night, if we ever and I mean ever doubt God's faithfulness, from here on out, I hope he gives us a good, swift kick in the rear.
Without fail. Every. Single. Day. He supplies our needs.
And we hold countless proofs of His love.
Of His perfect love.



" What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a stone."
- Jesus ( Luke 11:11 )

" All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. "
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 comments:

kt said...

ooh wow things are moving so quickly along for you guys!

Praying for you and that it all goes smoothly (which I can see it is already) what an awesome God we have who supplies ALL our needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus - thanks for that reminder!

oh and totally disregard my last email - I didn't realize you were so busy ;)
x

kt said...

ps. did the ST Dalfour Black Cherry Tea come from you? Mumma really likes it and is hoping they sell it here.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Chelle, What an encouraging and amazing story of God's faithfulness and goodness! I just loved reading about this!

Praying for your little family as you make these changes.

Amanda said...

oh chelle...how amazing is God's faithfulness! and oh my, how topsy turvy things truly be/feel...i remember how crazy they were after kate arrived and i wasn't even trying to do a move or anything else at the same time. praying, praying, praying as you make your move and changes!

Cottage Mommy said...

What a wonderful story of God's faithfulness! Been thinking about you and all that you are dealing with..I can't imagine! So happy that you get to stay in your "honeymoon cottage". Sounds lovely! I don't know if you will be coming with your husband when he works on your new house but seriously if you need ANY help...help with your kids, help with the house...let us know! We will practically be neighbors and we would love to do what we can! By the way, can you believe our babies are a month old already? Makes me a little sad at how fast it is going!

Lisa said...

my goodness, this story is a swift kick in the rear for all of us - amazing how things always seem to work themselves out, if only I could learn this lesson and quite stressing over things......

I am so thrilled for you guys and even though the next few months will be trying, in the long run it will all be worth the effort!!!

now, get back to packing, sweet lady....

KV said...

Praise God! What an awesome reminder of God's faithfulness to us and how His provision is always in His perfect timing!
Hope the move goes smoothly and you settle nice and quickly. :)

Dawna said...

Wonderful news, dear one, and so true that our God provides. Always.(I've learned a thing or two about that myself this year!!!). I can't wait to chat with you about your new house on this side of the mountains and I'm hoping we may be able to make plans for me to come and help with the work on it this summer. (Todd has already given his blessing.) Hug those sweet babes for me, and don't wear yourself out. Love you, friend!

On Second Street said...

so encouraging! Why do i doubt His provision sometimes?

Carrie Jo L said...

Hey Chelle! Am praying for you during this crazy time! So glad you will be moving closer to us all here on this side of the mountains =) Isn't God's faithfulness so amazing? It always gives me a convicting swat, and renewed courage, strength, and peace!! So wonderful!
Anyways, have a lovely weekend ... may your heart always dwell in His presence with His peace and love surrounding you and upholding you! Oh...I can imagine the thoughts and feelings about going back to your 'Honeymoon Cottage'... how exciting and special!!! May your 2nd time there be just as filled with loving and sweet memories! New ones, true, but still wonderful! =) Love, Jo

The Chocolate Fairy said...

God bless you, dear girl, in these next few months as you make "HOME" wherever you are! These crazy days make for wonderful memories! I love you, and pray for you all so often. . .

Andi Mae said...

God's faithfulness and goodness to you guys this past month has been the hugest encouragement to me! Thanks for writing this- even though I had already heard the story, it is so beautiful to read. Oh, dear friend, I can't wait for you to get here! Please keep us posted on this weekend- we can't wait to help and to feed you :) Love you so much!

Katie said...

Hi Chelle,

I just wanted to come and say HI! I'm Leslie's neighbor (yes I know how lucky I am!!) :) Congratulations on your new home and many wishes for a smooth transition for you and your family!!

<3 Katie

swell.life said...

Wow! This is such a heartwarming story. God is SO good! So true.

As I'm lost in my own sea of cardboard (and rubbermaids!) I am thinking of you and your little fam so much right now. Praying everything is going smoothly. Enjoy your time in your sweet old love nest. Hopefully it's not too small for all 4 of yoU!

I shouldn't be worrying about our move--I know Jesus will keep us and supply for us, just as He has for you guys!!

swell.life said...

P.S. Get your Internet back SOON. We miss you!

Lisa said...

Absolutely incredible. He NEVER quits, we know that, and yet we are ALWAYS surprised by His Goodness! I detest moving and have NO idea what it would be like with 2 little ones. But if there's anybody who could do it, it's you!! Tons and tons and tons of blessings on you ..