Wednesday, September 02, 2009

boy oh ( sweet ) boy



Do you even know the sunshine you have brought into our
lives since you came to us, only four short months ago?

With your highly contagious grins.
{ Jack in his most darling wee sweater, knit by this sweet friend }

And that look you have the one that says, “Mommy, I am in love with you.”
And the tender way you peer in to my eyes, that makes my heart melt into a syrupy little puddle. Every single time.



And your pout Jack-Jack, you have the best pouty lip. Your bottom lip turns under in slow motion and starts to quiver when something upsets you . It is hilarious + adorable.



I am crazy about the dimples in your elbows. Crazy I tell you.
And the way you curl your toes.


Jack you are a fusser. Auntie Deb, who you adore, dubbed you " Jack-the-finicky" but she says you make up for it by being so cute. And I concur. Some days are just sad and Mommy has to hold you nonstop and jolly you along. You popped your first tooth a couple of days ago. Teething has been miserable for you. And we all feel so bad for you as you drool like a leaky faucet and try so hard all day long to get both your hands in your mouth so you can chomp down. Mommy’s even started to call you chomper. That and, chubby-wubby-fuzzy-wicks. Because of all the little fuzz that has suddenly sprouted on top of your head.

My wiggle/giggle bit of boy you are such a love. Your laughter comes quick and easily. And you have the most remarkably sweet grin. And you are so quick to smile, even at strangers. I love how your face lights up in response to others. You are in awe of your big sister and think her very funny. And she loves that. And is she ever, ever in love with you. You two started playing your first game in the last couple weeks and it is the sweetest thing in the world to hear your babies giggling together. I am going to post a video of it soon.



Daddy is very proud of how strong and big you are. You can get up on all fours and hold your head way, way up. And you love to stand with help. And always try to pull yourself up. And you are long enough to fill out the striped size 9 months jammies you are wearing today. Daddy also takes great delight in how much you love being outside. You are content for hours to stare wide-eyed from your pouch as the the world goes by. Like this:


{ walking on the beach }

19 comments:

Lisa said...

I love getting to know him through your sweet words - he is a doll, for sure!

btw - how was your vacation?

Leslie said...

his sweet little face popped in to my blog reader and Chelle I would have never known him, and that made me sad...

oh he sounds like the sweetest of sorts, and I can't wait to hold him, and hear those giggles in person... SOON SOON SOON...

this is the sweetest of posts..
seriously

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

He's so adorable. :) I agree with Lisa, it is so fun to get to know him through the pictures you paint with your beautiful words.

Cottage Mommy said...

Oh my, oh my, is he ever a cutie! I'd say the cutest little four monther I've seen except that really I have to say my Quinnie is but he sure is a close runner up to him! So impressed that he is up on his hands like that and that he has popped a tooth! My other kiddos got their first tooth around five months and I thought that was early...Quinn is drooling quite a bit and always trying to get his hands in there too but so far no teeth. My favorite is when Quinn is sleeping and he moves his mouth like he is nursing...must be dreaming about it!

Connie said...

Oh, my arms are aching to hold this little man! He is looking ever so grown up, especially in that adorable sweater vest.
Nana sends him kisses....

Lisa said...

How could you NOT love him so? Such a blessing.

Deborah said...

Auntie Deb sends lots of smooches to the little man! Every picture is dearer than the next, but I have to say that the elbow one drives me crazy!!!!

Jacy said...

If Jack isn't the sweetest most scrumptious little thing ever! His dimpled elbows and big precious blues are just the most adorable!!
I can't believe how much he has already grown and that four short months have flown by just like that! But I must tell you I can share in the joy with you over the sweetness of siblings, as there is nothing that delights my heart so much as to hear them play and giggle together...it gets even sweeter with time! Give those precious little ones a kiss from all of us!

Chantel Monet said...

Wow, what a precious little gift he is! Every time you post I am blown away by the fact that he gets more and more handsome! So sweet, thank you for sharing this!

Catherine said...

Beautiful boy! Adoring parents, and lovely sister. Who could ask for more?

swell.life said...

My oh my...4 months!!!

Can't believe how adorable he is. He gets cuter by the picture. ;) And can't believe he's already cut a tooth! Poor sweet heart.

Glad to know that Graham is not the only fussy one. But you're right--it's so completely excusable when it comes from such a darling face.

Keep the pictures coming!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

What a cutie! they grow up so fast, don't they?

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

Coming by again...just to look at my beautiful grandson. It was wonderful to spend some time with him last week. Poppy and I are smitten with his smile.
~Nana

Prairie Rose said...

My! How he has grown since the wedding,Chelle!
What darlings they both are.
Tell Miss Annabelle Lucy that I have a picture of her and I dancing together on my computer and look at it ever day,because it makes me smile.
My love to all

Jenny said...

My, he's grown since I first met him in REI! What a handsome boy! :)

Leslie said...

missing your family, as I listen to your project playlist and pack, and eat random last meals in this little treehouse.

love you all thanks for praying

Little Candle said...

Oh my...he takes my breath away...it looks like your are enjoying your babies enormously. How are you sweet friend?

A. Christine said...

That picture of him in the red - makes me realize he is such a perfect package of michelle-and-david, all rolled into one. :) he is absolutely adorable!