Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{ Dreaming Up A Kitchen}




( the color palette is inspired by this lady/ creative genius )
Here are some other elements in the mix. We are going for a crisp vintage look.

( Marble Countertops )


( Polished Nickle Bin Pulls )

( bright fiestaware accents )

( Farm House Sink + Open Shelving )

( the lights are going to be very similar to this with polished nickle pendants with the red stripe )

Fun Details:


( one of my most anticpated elements in the kitchen, is a painted red door )



(want to find a vintage tray to hang on my kitchen walls as a memo board )

Paint Colors:
Benjamin Moore, Linen White for cupboards + trim
Benjamin Moore, Soleil Yellow for kitchen walls
Benjamin Moore, Caliente Red for kitchen door ( unless I change my mind and go with a robins egg blue )

11 comments:

Fairlightday said...

Ack! So not fair! Teaser, teaser, teaser! :) Soon I will be there!

SuzyQ said...

Hee! While I thoroughly appreciate the pretty pics, I'm with Fairlight... "So not fair!" I just can't wait to see your interpretation!

Prairie Rose said...

Gorgeous!!!
Awesome colors and ideas.
My favorite things are the sink and the red door.
SO Excited for you!!!!!

Connie said...

The door must be red...trust me!

Leslie said...

im in love with those whole darn thing.. serioulsy.

~beautyandjoy~ said...

So, so, so perfect!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Oh my goodness, you have the best taste! How fun to get to choose all of that stuff. I would love to be able to do that! I think the sink is what I am most jealous of, oh, and the red door. Too fun!!

Madflame said...

Love the kitchen and red door is a real eye-catcher!!! Good luck with all the proceedings :)

Chantel Monet said...

OOOhh this is so you! I just adore it so much! I can just imagine all your pretty dish collections sitting cheerfully on the open shelving! It's going to be such a special place to cook! Can't wait to see it in real life!

wahzat said...

wow love it!!!
espcially love the RED DOOR awesome

Amanda said...

Can I ask where you found the hanging lights? I love the red stripe...