Wednesday, May 19, 2010

{ looking back on 7 years }

     Love, you are lovely
You have put the stars to shame
I have lost my senses and you're the one to blame
Bluer than the sky above, closer than my skin
Tonight our love begins
Now we are dancing
We spin like falling leaves
Hold me tighter darling
I never want to leave
As we move across the floor it starts to sink in
Tonight our love begins
You are mine beloved
I am yours to keep
Take my heart forever
You have captured me
God is singing over us, we hear it in the wind
Tonight our love begins

-J.J. Heller




This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.
C.S. Lewis


  Our anniversary came and went. (insert a nice long sigh of happiness here) And we had a lovely picnic among the lilacs, thanks to the housecleaning/babysitting/ angel/auntie that frequents our home.  Reminiscing over the last seven love-filled years, pouring over the scrapbook that I made for David that included blog posts...pictures...and our notes and cards to each other. We came came home with our heads in the clouds...uncertain how, because it's truly been although not always easy, that sweet...and with a  deep longing to top the last seven years, in the next seven. Our hearts cry, is that You Jesus would continue deepen our love and our marriage and that in our home and that we would daily bring You glory + delight.
  David gave me more of her music as a gift for our anniversary...and this song so perfectly describes what I feel for this man that I am so dearly in love with. 


{ Image by the amazing artist: Nikki McClure }



10 comments:

Andi Mae said...

What a sweet post, dear friend! So so glad that you guys had such a lovely anniversary! And both of those JJ Heller songs- Where I Land + Tonight- are dear to my heart too! I love how they kind of show the progression of love in marriage- the 1st one is of course perfect for the beginning, but the 2nd one is so perfect for the way love grows and deepens into something new and even better. Love you!
xo

P.S. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love JJ Heller's music and I love that God is using those songs to sing over your marriage. Praying the 8th year is even more filled with Him than the previous seven.

Leslie said...

oh tears.....
love this post.
so happy for your dear and our chat today... love you friend... now Im off to hear these lovely JJ Heller songs on my own.... so glad you two girls turned me on to that...

Little Candle said...

Oh, so sweet...I am so happy for your happiness...Here's to 50 more bliss filled years together. Now I must check out this J.J. Heller, I am out of the loop!

Wahzat Gayle said...

So sweet.
Happy anniversary :)

Catherine said...

Congratulations on seven lovely years and an auntie who loves to come and play with the kidlettes so you can celebrate. God did something perfectly divine when He created marriage!

Chantel Monet said...

What a sweet inspiration you are to "newlyweds" like me! So glad you had a wonderful anniversary! Would love to see that scrap book some day!

Cottage Mommy said...

Love, love, love your new blog look! That photo of you and your family is stunning! Happy, happy Anniversary wishes to you and David. You are indeed one sweet couple!

moose and bird said...

Such sweet words! Congratulations on this milestone. xo

Jenny said...

This is beautiful, Chelle!