Friday, December 10, 2010

{ A touch of the Merry + Bright }


We are so excited to hang our stockings up on this pretty mantel!

Our first fire in the fire place, we celebrated with yummy orange rolls +
Trader Joes Cinnamon Vanilla Black Tea ( a current favorite of mine )... 


Loving the sight of  my little vintage winter village,
given to me last Christmas by my Mom,
who is the best ever present giver!








Annabelle's little *purple* Christmas Tree, a advent gift from Mommy. She'd been asking for " a pink tree + colored lights."



Sledding with Daddy...the kids were in heaven .
Annabelle couldn't stop gigling and all Jack could say was " wheee" !

The ever so dear + lovely Jess of Living a Swell Life was so sweet to feature my Vintage Christmas Garland Tutorial on her Hoilday By Hand Mini Series today over at her gorgeous, little, better-than-a-trip-to-Anthropolie-blog.

"Christmas renews our youth by stirring our wonder. The capacity for wonder has been called our most pregnant human faculty, for in it are born our art, our science, our religion."  - Ralph Sockman

Wishing you sweet, sweet December days my lovely friends...

5 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Your home is just gorgous!
I love your Christmas Village, Jake and I are starting our own and every year adding to it.
Love the pics of the kids sledding!
Merry Christmas to you and your little family too, dear one:)

Anna said...

Chelle, You are amazing! Your Christmas house is darling... so want to come and visit and celebrate the season with you. I LOVE the nativity scene. Do you know of a good place to get a nativity? I want one for my house. Have a beautiful day.

swell.life said...

it's the quintessential christmas house! i love every little bit of it. i love your aqua blue walls and little milk glass collection. remind me the paint color? i think i may want my dining room to match. :)

happy weekend my dear!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

You decorate so lovely! It is just so pleasing to the eye, I can only imagine being in that egg shell kitchen of yours! Love it.

I hope all of your days will be filled so merry and bright.

Nikki said...

Love how simple + Christmasy your home is. What a perfect Christmas tree--so glad you put it in the front window, I can imagine how cheery it looks from the street!

And I love your banner tutorial over at Jess's, by the way. We are all quite honored that you're sharing your secrets with us. :-)