Monday, April 11, 2011

{ Date Due }

That day has come and gone. 



And little Lucy girl of mine, I just want you to know that I have been waking up every morning for the last three weeks, with my heart skipping a beat, wondering if this is the day we'll finally get to meet you...of course I would be lying if I said that by the end of the day I am not fighting off a little tug of disappointment or that I don't ache a little harder for you to be here
Is there any way to tempt you out of that quiet, safe and snug little cocoon that you have called home for the last 9 months? I get that life out here is loud and crazy and sometimes full of hurt. But it's every bit as beautiful and worth it as it is those other things. And baby girl, if you only knew how loved you are..If you only knew how many people are praying for and excited about you. Some day you will. 
Also, if only you knew that we are quite literally going insane beside ourselves in anticipation of you. While praying for patience, and attempting to give thanks and trust in the middle of the mess and the tears and hormones gone wild, even though I am doing such a bad job of it, that Jesus knows what's best for you and when and where and how.

Take a look at all the pretty things that have been made with so much love and so many,
just especially for you:  
 

 by her


 and her and her


 and her again


 and her.
 


Only one thing is missing from your sweet little corner and our very arms right now...
and we know all too well baby doll, just who that might be.

And just for the record...you are worth the wait...times ten,  little one.

13 comments:

swell.life said...

such sweetness! i am aching to hear the news of her arrival also!!

graham popped out just a few hours after i wrote a post mourning a due date that has come and gone...hoping it works for you too. ;) waiting waiting is the hardest part ever!

love to you!

Misha said...

This made me cry! We are praying daily! And SO excited, too...

Leslie said...

oh Chelley..
Love this.. and seeing little glimpses of Lucy excitement.. and so glad you stitiched Anabelles shirt! :)

Wishing that right now.... in all the Lords infinite wisdom he either dispenses grace or strength whichever is more needed for the day you have ahead... and praying really praying.... its strength and energy, for you to do the work required to hold your littlest ms.

Love you.. and your whole family. So very much.

Cottage Mommy said...

Oh, sigh.....wishing for you too, so much! Love seeing the peeks of her little area though and all the pretty things that have been made for her! You and her are so very loved!

shabby girl said...

You brought tears to my eyes! A beautiful post! God bless you and your sweet family!

Andrea said...

Love Jess' comment - hope it works for you too! :) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, hang in there!

p.s. what a lucky little girl to have so many sweet things made by special people awaiting her :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Oh, I had no idea you were so close to having your little one. I'm so behind. :) I will say a prayer for you now too. What a sweet little blessing your family has in store so soon!

Love that I love Lucy shirt, too cute!

Prairie Rose said...

I have been checking your blog every day to see if Miss Lucy has made her arrival yet!
Thinking and praying for you daily.
Love you all!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful nursery, Chelle--love it so much! We can't wait to meet Miss Lucy!

Nikki said...

Oh, Lucy's got a sweet little nest waiting for her....if only she could see the cuteness that is her nursery, I'm sure she would RUSH out!

Katie said...

oh my gosh..!! Lucy Wren?!! How strange I had been contemplating that name??? I can't wait to hear the good news of baby Lucy's birth. Any day...any day... :) Stay strong lady.

Anna said...

Praying for you Dear Lucy's Mama. Her nursery is sweetness itself! Am asking Jesus for the strength you need today. Love you!

Amanda said...

Your little nursery is adorable! I love all the handmades... you've got one lucky little lady coming your way! I love the "I love Lucy" shirt... perfect!