Wednesday, July 20, 2011

{ these days }

  I have had the best intentions...for days that have turned into weeks, I have meant to get back here and dust off this little corner and start writing again. I really want to get back to blogging more than once every three months but the truth is that I have yet to find an easy daily rhythm + feel on top of things here at home. I wonder how long this is going to take to figure out how to juggle everything again, and I feel guilty that by now, three months later I don't have more of a handle on life. Which is silly because I feel like we've had the easiest possible transition from two to three. I am not even kidding, and some of you are going to hate me when I say this but Lucy has more often than not, slept through the night since the day she was born. I know.
And ( so far ) it's rare for her to go to the trouble of crying about something. She truly is a wonder and very the best thing that could have ever happened to us. I tell her on a daily basis that she really should be too good to be true. She get's that from her Daddy. It's been two and a half months since she graced our family with her sweet little self, and our are hearts currently brim full and then some.  She's has the sweetest disposition and rolls on her thighs.


And she has cheeks that go on for days. And a signature cough since day one, that we all know means she's most politely asking to be fed. Oh and she's worlds best baby to snuggle. She melts right into you. When she's not sleeping or nursing or pooping she's beaming. And yesterday she started sucking her thumb That's our little Lucy Wren. And I could go on gushing about her for hours if I didn't have so many other things to catch up on around here.
  These days I am trying to let it sink in that Annabelle is about to be a kindergartner. That yesterday she rode her bike all around the park without training wheels and read a book to me. That these days I am so proud of her + that she grows only more beautiful to me.
Even especially when she makes a mud puddle with the hose in the back yard and smears her brother and herself from head to toe in it.


  And these days I am more head over heals than ever for my Jack boy. Not that we don't frequently have hard days/nights with him. He is two after all.


  Right now he's in the middle of a serious obsession with all things fireman, that has grown out of his adoration for a certain favorite uncle/person his. He is has the blondest little head you've ever seen. And a tender heart. Two of my favorite things he says right now are..." Mommy love me, right? " + " Mommy nuggle me! " These days it's so hard for me to watch the hot summer sun take a toll on his fair skin, as I pray for his little body and for wisdom on what to do to help keep his eczema from getting out of control.


 These days I am working on the layout and design of another project house (going to post before pics soon, I promise) as David works around the clock to get this most recently purchased old home of ours renovated + move-in-ready by the end of summer.  The house had eleven other offers on it, and they accepted ours so we feel pretty sure it's where God wants us right now. 

  These days I am longing to grow closer to Jesus, to love my family better, to treasure the blur of days that are turning so quickly into years, to embrace change + to stay flexible, to be less selfish, and not forget to thank Him for his countless daily gifts + goodness to me.

These days I am singing this song as a prayer.

These days, I am blessed, and I know it.

12 comments:

Cottage Mommy said...

Aaawwww....love to see you back here and love this little post! Sweet, sweet photos of everyone all around! That one of Annabelle with her head thrown back laughing is just perfect! And I need to get my hands on that chubby little girl of yours again soon! love you!

Leslie said...

oh Chelle.
tears. having missed your words, and this spot. Love knowing the details we dont always get around to on the phone, like the way she coughs.... to eat.

Love seeing new pics of the kids.
Love knowing your happy and filled up, and praying for a rhythym to ease the chaos.... rhythym is nice.

Prairie Rose said...

Oh, my heart is so happy!
I have missed you and pics of your little darlings always make my week!
I cant believe how much Miss Lucy has grown! and you are right...her cheeks do go on forever, just better to hold tons of kisses,right?
I think the image that I shall take with me the rest of this day, is Annabelle with her head back in roarous laughter,covered in mud and mischief!!!
I LOVE IT!!
Missed you,cant wait for more pics and love to your whole precious family!

Catherine said...

It is a true blessing to get caught up on you and yours, Chelle!

Anna said...

Chelle, The mud shot is absolutely priceless. There is just nothing like being a kid! So glad to hear from you on your little spot again. Love you!

Megan said...

Chelle -
So wonderful to see you back around. I simply can't believe how big Annabelle and Jack have gotten since I was last blessed to see you and the littles. Nate sends me updates from time to time and Lucy is just beautiful!
I can't help but chuckle, or slightly roll my eyes, as I read your last paragraph about loving your family more, being less selfish and coming closer to the big man upstairs. Since I met you on a late night in a hotel room, I have been in awe of the woman you are. I always knew I could never be the person you are. You are truly amazing and I am so incredibly thankful that I had the opportunity to meet you.
I miss you and love you and the family immensely.
-Meg

Misha said...

So fun to read your words. And that picture of Annabelle covered in mud is PRICELESS. It is infectious laughter even just looking at her! : )

Fairlightday said...

Don't be to hard on yourself about blogging. You've also moved and some times all of that requires a little extra recovery time.
Lucy looks a doll and I can not believe that Miss Annabelle! What a picture and what a memory! Little man Jack is getting to be such a big boy. Hope all is well with you guys.

Dawna said...

Love you and miss you, sweet lady. It is so good to see new pictures of you and your littles. Maybe I can make it for a visit someday in the not-to-distant future. Until then, I will be grateful for every post and picture and email. Love you!

kt said...

x

:)
ive missed you!

Nikki said...

Ohmygoodness, if that photo of mud-covered Annabelle isn't 100% Granny Annie, I don't know what is!! Love hearing what's going on in your life and seeing photos of that sweet newest Little Miss....praying your house project goes swimmingly and you can have a few quiet moments to just BE this summer.

Andrea said...

So excited to see your next project home! You both did such an amazing job with the last one :) Lucy is just deliciously sweet and it looks like Annabelle and Jack are enjoying some great summer-time fun! Take care :)