Saturday, August 06, 2011

{ Preview }

 So it's not much to look at yet but a certain Mr. oh-so-dear-to-my-heart is working all hours to make this house that we bought on June 24th 2011 into a lovely little home for us. 
By the end of August. 
We just found out that we have to be out of our rental by the end of the month.  
It looks a little daunting, I know...but let me assure you, this house + our time crunch, well it's no match for his super powers. You'll see. 
And what an adventure it will be...as long as we remember to look at it as that make the most of it.
The plan is to set up housekeeping upstairs while the downstairs gets finished. It's crazy to think that we will be living here in just a few short weeks. 

the front
kitchen
dining room + built in 
and pretty archway David built
 dining room + window seat
living room + fireplace with built in bookshelves
bathroom
stairs ( this was the day David and David " leveled out the floor + stairs )
downstairs bedroom
peek-a-boo through door to downstairs
side view
upstairs landing and smaller bedroom ( with it's first coat of paint )
kids bedroom (upstairs )

I think we might have our work cut out for us.
And boy are we ever excited for the end result. 


But for now, after putting in another long day 
he's come home. 
Annabelle says that root beer floats sound good and I couldn't agree more.

19 comments:

Andi Mae said...

I am so so so excited! And like I said before, just a teensy bit jealous! I think that anyone who has seen the AMAZING work that you + David do together to make houses homes would be a little jealous too :)

swell.life said...

you guys completely amaze me!! SO excited for you guys and i love seeing all of the incredible potential in your new house!! you'll finish it off even better than i could imagine. hoping the transition goes as smoothly as possible!

Catherine said...

It looks perfectly delightful, Chelle!

Andrea said...

What an adorable little place! I know it will be a treasured home once you both have worked your magic on it!

Misha said...

Oh wow, Chelle! That is so amazing. I can't wait to see what artistry you pull out of those lovely bones. It's a beautiful house.

I also hope you have mama strength for the journey. That will be my prayer. : )

Much love!

Prairie Rose said...

Wow!
I can see it (the end result) and its going to be lovely!
The place has good bones.
Having talented husbands who can do this sort of things is such a blessing!
I would hate to see what sort of home I would be living in if it werent for my hubby:)
Look forward to more pics, and will be thinking and praying the the move is an easy transition,friend!

shabby girl said...

Oh I just love that house! It's so easy to picture it finished and full of family & love.
And a beautiful front porch! You'll all be in a swing on that porch one evening soon. :)

Nikki said...

Gorgeous.....of course I keep imagining it looking like your "old" house when it's done...can't wait to see the finished results! P.S. At first I thought Jack was Cade--how can he be so big?!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Beautiful - and SO full of potential! It's going to be so amazing.

Leslie said...

oh Chelle..
love love love this...
sad about the rental now..
love seeing the befores
and knowing the afters
are pretty darn magazine worthy.

EVERY.SINGLE. TIME

I seriously think this home is pretty darn cute.. and loving the banister...

Leslie said...

oh wow and Jackers is a working boy.... helping daddy step by step no doubt. wink.

Megan said...

I must say that I agree with Andi. I have no doubt in David's ability to make this house a home. I love that you have yet another bathtub out front as well! I needed that little smile... I can't wait to see the end result!
Xo
Megan

Amanda said...

It is going to be spectacular! You'll be home before you know it!

Chantel Monet said...

Oh my... Wow! I know David can do this! Before you move in, I'm going to organize a work party to clean things up. Do you have a date in mind? This is so exciting, and it's going to be so beautiful!!!

Chantel Monet said...

It kind of reminds me of the front of my house! It's so, so cute. And your tree is amazing!!

Leslie said...

oh just back showing this all to Nick.. he kept saying how adorable the front of this house is.. we have a house crush....

oh and for root beer floats.. Nicks newest thing is cinnamon on top.. its quite good I must admit.

Becca said...

Chelle- It's going to be so great! I love the character. You two make the best team and it will be magazine worthy in no time.

Fairlightday said...

I know it will look amazing. You guys do such {good}work together.

But to be terribly honest, this post kind of makes me want to sit down and sob. Miss you, miss your voice, miss knowing what's going on, miss your babies, miss having a little dream of a home like this. Just kind of missing it all. Totally selfish kind of stuff. Sorry. I'm working on it.

Miller Family said...

This is so super exciting!! Judging from the house on 14th, this will be just wonderful. And I love Jack Jack in his little tie in all the pix! Can not wait to see the finished project :) Please, please drop the kids off to play any, anytime!! We would love to have them over to play. Love you!