Friday, October 21, 2011

{ 6 month Lucy }

Here you are at six months. Our little bright eyes. And by little, I mean that figuratively because you're not exactly what I would call little for your age. You have rolls on your thighs that go on for miles and I can't get over how much I love them on you.

You are just starting to crawl, sit up, eat porridge, say " ma ma" " hi " and wave at us. Of all those things I just listed I am pretty sure it is safe to say that eating porridge is your favorite. Annabelle calls you her Chubby-Whubby and says that her baby sister is her very favorite thing in the whole wide world. I am hoping she still thinks that about you in ten or fifteen years.


Lucy you are a darling and easy baby. You're a good eater, sleeper, pooper, etc.
You have been since day one.
In fact I don't think I could exaggerate just how purely delightful you are.


Daddy is crazy about you Lucy...I have heard him tell perfect strangers in the store that you are his ray of sunshine. And Daddy is not usually mush-y like that, at least not with strangers.
Your face lights up when he walks in the room.  It's obvious to me that you worship the ground he walks on. But then again we all kind of feel that way about him around here.
You two have something pretty special. I hope and pray you always do.
Oh and did I also mention that he calls you his " sweet note..."

You keep me company from your purple bumbo perch while I am working in the kitchen and I think I might tell you a hundred times a day that you are cute. 
So cute that I can hardly stand it. 
So cute that I have to grit my teeth.

And speaking of cute, meet your Great Grandpa Roland. He's Nana's daddy. We were able to spend a couple precious hours with him this past summer. 
He was rather taken with you. The feeling appeared to be quite mutual. 
 
Lucy Wren, we love you. You light up our world baby girl. 
And there is not a day that goes by that I don't thank Jesus for the beautiful and perfect gift that you are. 

P.S.  Andrea you won the favorite things giveaway. 
Pretty please email me at seachellegirl@msn.com with your address, dear girl.

And then sweet Dawna can you send me your address as well? 
I have a really, really good book  to send to you.


7 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Oh, Chelle....I am melting..you are right, she is perfect.
My heart aches to hold her as I read your post.
You are blessed, dear friend, in three-fold:)
Have a great weekend!

Andrea said...

Lucy is a sweet little bundle of rolly-polly joy!

And what an exciting week of birthday give-aways - you are the sweetest :) (and yay! I am so excited to have won your favorite things give-away!!)

Cottage Mommy said...

She is the sweetest little girl....love that first photo. Just beautiful!

Dawna said...

Such a sweet post! She is so beautiful and precious, Chelle!! One of these days when I'm up for a long drive, I really want to come up to meet her and to visit with all the girls up there. I miss you all. And {squeal}, I'm so excited that I won the book!! Thank you, sweet friend! xoxo

Aunt Tea said...

♥ luv.

Megan said...

I know her Uncle Nate loves her like no other as well! I am in awe of her beautiful beautiful bold eyes!

I wish I was closer as to meet sweet Lucy and see for my own eyes just how wonderful and rolly she is!

Beautiful pictures and beautiful post as always. I only pray that one day I can be so in love with life and family as you! You are my inspiration as always...

Xo

Wahzat Gayle said...

She is so wonderful. You just want to pick her up and shower her with hugs and kisses. Sweet sweet Lucy