Monday, March 12, 2012

{ 6 }


 When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever. 


A.A. Milne from Now We are Six













For Annabelle's 6th birthday party we threw a pretty all-girls brunch.
Annabelle and I spent a good deal of time pouring over ideas on Pintrest and day dreaming up just the right birthday party for her. In the end I had to give up our idea of making party hats as I ran out of time after the big number six pinata that David had built for her took several hours longer than I had imagined it would to embellish.
The little girls were too giddy to eat much breakfast and I am sad that I forgot to take any pictures of food which, but thankfully we Mama's and Aunties were thoroughly able to enjoy ourselves over brunch. And my was it delicious if I do say so myself.
The little girls did lots of shrieking and twirling. And then came the ear-piercing screams when they all discovered a teeny tiny spider hanging from the ceiling. And they were fierce about getting that pinata to break. It was darling and hilarious and even a little bit scary at times, to watch them. Annabelle truly enjoyed every single second of her girly party and loved getting to wear her fancy new dress, a present from her Poppy, whack the pinata, open up gifts, eat cake topped with pink frosting and berries per her request, and giggle the morning away with her darling little friends. And now she's all about planning a oarty for Lucy's first birthday which is in just a little over a month. Not sure that I am ready for that. In more ways than one.
Is it just me or do the years just seem to be picking up speed and flying away faster than ever?
Lord Jesus, I ask that you'd help me to daily cherish and not take for granted this beautiful blue eyed daughter you've given me,  in all her six year old spunk + glory.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

So precious. This looks like a perfectly sweet + lovely six year old party...love all the pastels! The glimpse of brunch does look delicious!

Andrea said...

Happy 6th Birthday Annabelle!! What an awesome party - and an impressive pinata! Chuckling over the spider shrieks and just imagining a house full of giggly girls. Can't believe she is 6, wow... And love those solo pics, she is one adorable girl! xo

Megan said...

I can't believe Annabelle is six... where did time go?! What a beautiful girl she has become.

These are the things I miss about you and your family the most! Special days in unique ways that most would never see or experience!

Wonderful...

Megan said...

I can't believe Miss Annabelle is six and gorgeous as ever.

Her party looks amazing and is so incredibly lucky to have you and David as her parents.

These are those moments that I strive to become and live up too.

Wonderful job. You are all missed greatly.

Fairlightday said...

How in the world is Annabelle possibly 6??? She's still about 3 months old in my mind. :) What a lovely pretty pastel party she had. Happy Birthday to her from all of us.

Leslie said...

oh is that ever pretty. Her smile.
that pinata. All of it.

YOu have outdown yourself friend.
Love these.

Love those 2 girls hugging. Precious.

Connie said...

Loved seeing these photos from Annabelle's girly birthday party!

.............at HOME and AWAY............. said...

Happy 6th Birthday to Annabelle! I love your party theme and that is an amazing job on your pinata! The whole party is just lovely.

A. Christine said...

How can Annabelle be SIX????!!!! She is so beautiful. What a sweet party! :) Jack and Lucy are as cute as ever! love you, dear far-away friend. <3